You can obtain a copy of the help system in this wiki for local use in your own wiki following these steps:
- Step one: In a separate browser window, navigate to Special:Export.
- Step two: You will see an open textbox asking you for a list of pages to export.
- Step three: Copy the list below and paste it into that textbox. This is a generally useful set, making the resulting help structure in your wiki look almost identical to the one here.
Help:Contents Help:Navigation Help:Searching Help:Tracking_changes Help:Editing_pages Help:Starting_a_new_page Help:Formatting Help:Links Help:Categories Help:Images Help:Subpages Help:Templates Help:Tables Help:Variables Help:Managing_files Help:Preferences Help:Skins Help:Namespaces Help:Range_blocks Help:Interwiki_linking Help:Special pages Help:External searches Help:Patrolled edits Help:User_rights Template:PD_Help_Page Template:Meta Template:Mediawiki Template:Admin_tip Template:Prettytable Template:Hl2 Template:Hl3 Template:Thankyou Image:Example.jpg Image:Geographylogo.png
- Step four: Make sure the box "Include only the current revision, not the full history" is CHECKED.
- Step five: Click the 'Export' button.
- Step six: Save the file to your desktop or other convenient location you'll remember.
- Step seven: Navigate to Special:Import on YOUR wiki. (You must be logged in as Admin/Sysop level to do this.)
- Step eight: Browse for the file you saved, and click 'Upload'.
For the images this only copies the image descriptions. You need also to upload them on your wiki. Although not complete, at least this gets you started on a decent help system.
If you use pywikipedia, there is a script to automate the copying at http://mediawiki-tools.cvs.sourceforge.net/mediawiki-tools/pywikipedia/mirrorhelp.py, which copies all pages in the help namespace along with templates and images directly referenced by those.