Want to know what's inside a RoboMower and how it works? This is the page to document the inner workings and parts used inside a RoboMower.
- Patents may shed some light on the inner-workings. They seem to be filed under "F Robotics Acquisitions Ltd" or "Robotics Acquisitions Ltd F".
- The direction keeper inside the RoboMower is the A4020 OEM Fluxgate Compass module from Fluxgate World Subsystems, which is part of Autonnic Components. The manufacturer provides a data sheet and manual for the compass module.
- The blinking light on top has a separate circuit board with a light bulb and resistor. We have a separate page for that Lamp Board that also shows how much room is in the light compartment for possible hacking and one user's project converting it to use LEDs.
- Documentation on the battery pack, including internals wiring and specifications.
- The motors are made by Johnson Motor.
- The microcontroller is a member of the Renesas H8 family.